Hardisty Hospital Auxiliary
- To provide comfort and an improved quality of life for Long Term Care Residents of the Hardisty Health Centre and Senior Citizens of the community.
- To act as a liaison between the Health Centre and the community at large.
- To promote and provide health related educational opportunities for young people of Hardisty and district through bursaries and special programs.
- To encourage volunteerism by setting an example in the community.
- To assist the Health Centre during times of crisis. (e.g. SARS. epidemic)
- To contribute financial assistance to special health related community and district projects.
- To accomplish our goals by enjoying all the benefits of belonging to a charitable organization.
WHAT WE DO!!
FOR OUR COMMUNITY
- Fund Raise:
- Raffles and Bake Sales
- Showcase (Health Centre Foyer)(handmade items and patient toiletries)
- Vending Machines (Health Centre Foyer)
- Red Deer Casino every two years
- Memorial Donations
- Garage Sales
- Volunteen Program:
For Students 14-19 years who must volunteer 30 hours of their time each year, to the local hospital. Auxiliary provides a special graduation and awards in April, to acknowledge student's contributions.
- weekly bingo for LTC Residents three Wednesdays per month.
- lunches and gifts for all special occasions.
- subsidized hair care service for Long Term Care Residents
- Christmas donations to the FCSS and Food Bank.
- lunch for the Long Term Care Christmas Party.
- help with LTC Handivan outings when needed.
- buy equipment and thrnishings for the Health Centre and Medical Clinic.
- canvassers for the yearly community Six-Way Canvas.
- financial assistance to community members with special needs.
- Meals on Wheels service.
- Edmonton Journal, Edmonton Sun and large print Reader's Digest for Long Term Care Residents.
WHAT WE DO!!
FOR OUR HEALTH REGION #7
- Provide a central meeting place for the auxiliaries of Region #7 in April and October.
- Provide Lunch for these meetings.
- Help provide educational topics at regional meetings.
- Network with Auxiliaries of the Region to promote change in relative health care topics at the provincial level.
WHAT WE DO!!
FOR THE PROVINCE OF ALBERTA
- We are a member of the Alberta Association of Hospital Auxiliaries. (This keeps us aware of all provincial changes regarding health related topics)
- We send 1 or 2 local delegates to the Provincial Convention each year. (funding is provided by the East Central Region)
- We provide a "Rural Voice" on timely issues at the provincial level.
- We give financial support to some special provincial projects.